Cleavage fully protected peptide from 2-Chlorotrityl Resin
- If the resin was swelled with DMF, wash 2x with DCM.
- For 1g resin, mix 2mL HFIP (hexafluoroisopropanol) with 8mL DCM to prepare the cleavage solution.
- Add 5mL cleavage solution to the resin and shake at room temperature for 1hour, filter and collect the solution.
- Add another 5ml cleavage solution to the resin and shake at room temperature for another half hour, filter and collect the solution.
- Add 20mL toluene the pooled filtrate and rota-vaper the solvent.
- For short fully protected peptide, silica column can be used to purify the peptide; For long fully protected peptide, wash with minimal amount of ether.
- Check the purity of the peptide with HPLC and ESI.